The new pool arrives tomorrow

Sep 4, 2014
Dallas
Well I got a call last night from the trucking company and they said they can deliver the 32'X16' intex pool between 3 and 5 PM wow that was fast. I'm waiting on a couple quotes for concrete slabs before I do any thing any advice on the pool would be greatly appreciated ?

Thanks
Yachtnutz

What is the question? Number of legs? Necessary thickness of pads? Pour pads on site vs. using purchased blocks (as many posters seem to do when installing such a pool)?

I know I've seen threads on the forum discussing many of these issues, including some threads giving the exact dimensions of where the legs touch the ground when the pool is full (important for properly positioning support pads). Maybe worth your while to search for some of those discussions...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm getting 24 10" holes drilled to 3' then we're putting pave stones over the cement pillars I hope this works. But at least I won't have a 34x18 slab of concrete to worry about when we go to sell the house down the road!

I'm getting 24 10" holes drilled to 3' then we're putting pave stones over the cement pillars I hope this works. But at least I won't have a 34x18 slab of concrete to worry about when we go to sell the house down the road!

Do you mean 3' OR 3". Seems a little crazy if you are going down 3 feet , total over kill and a huge waste of money. The contractor must be high.

Like 10" sonotubes? I haven't heard of anyone doing this for a pool install even here in the Northeast, where there's a lot of concern about freeze/thaw cycles when you put up a structure (i.e. building).

Is there a reason you really need that much support in your particular soil?

we used concrete blocks 12 x 12 under each leg sunk in to level with the leveled ground, 3 tarps and a gorilla pad, its been up for 5 years and no problems. We have a 16 round ultra intex.. best investment for an agp. upgrade to a sand filter and swg too...

- - - Updated - - -

don't waste your money on a slab, not worth it...

Ok so I got the leveling just about done I was told to use compression sand . We compacted it real tight and i went out and bought 16"x16" pavers and extruded polystyrene 4x8 sheets also the Gorilla pad. My question is do I put down the ground cloth first then the sheets of styrene and then the gorilla pad or gorilla pad first and ground cloth last anyone?

Thanks
Yachtnutz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.