TA test

acgibson

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
Olney / IL
Still pretty new to the drop testing and just wanted to make sure I am reading the TA test correctly (TF100 Kit). Do you take your drop count from when it first changes from green to red? I notice that if I keep adding drops the red continues to get darker and darker. So do you measure the initial color change from green to red, or when it is very red (seems to be 2-5 drops difference)?

You keep adding drops until it stops changing, then subtract the last one.

For example: at 10 it turns grey, at 11 it goes pale pink, 12 is pink, 13 is Barbie pink, 14 it's still the same shade of Barbie pink. The 14th drop made no difference, so you subtract it. 13 drops = 130 TA.

This thread is extremely helpful for getting familiar with the tests: Extended Test Kit Directions I'd highly suggest reading through it. :)

If you want the short answer for this particular test from that topc and this also applies to other color change tests: Continue adding drops as long as the color continues changing. The final drop, that does not change the color any further, does not count.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.