Reasonably priced 30ft abg sunblock weave mesh pool cover ????????

Jul 17, 2014
IL
Kind of torn between mesh and solid cover. Leaning toward mesh but read on here that a sunblocking weave is way to go. $500-800 range is too much for my cheapskate blood. Think I found one in the $300 range but still seems high compared to $100 for normal mesh. Any options ? Feel free to talk me out of it too.

Haven't used mesh so I can't really comment on it. I like my solid cover because I don't get silt and dirt a mesh would let in.

We have had our pool for 1 year and last fall went with the Arctic Armour Rugged Mesh Winter Cover. I didn't want to deal with pumping rain/snow water off top of solid cover and having to babysit the pool that way. It also was a good price at $124 for our 27" round. It worked well for us last winter. We didn't have to touch the pool till spring. This cover does not let much if any light thru and when opening I only had a slight green tinge due to waiting too long to open in the spring. The downside is having to deal with silt that does go thru the cover. We live out in the country and have a fair amount of dirt in the air apparently so it took a couple weeks to work this out thru the pump/vac/backflushing.
I do love the feature of allowing the water thru but the amount of silt is the tradeoff...... the cover with the mesh strip down the center does sound interesting...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.