Unicell Markings?

Every genuine Unicel cart has Unicel and the filter number molded into the top end.

Did you buy these online? If you did, how was the wording of the sale? Did it say replacement or replaces? There are unscrupulous sellers out there that use that to get premium prices for their cheap almost good filters.

Unicel cartridges usually have the cartridge number stamped into one end. I'm not sure if all cartridges do.
Had a hunch the might have been phonies, but at $25 a piece, I just had to give it a shot.
Guess I`ll just have to keep a bit of a sharper eye on them for deterioration and performance.
Thanks for the reply.
BTW: I like your filter system and be watching for any updates on how it`s working out for you.

Every genuine Unicel cart has Unicel and the filter number molded into the top end.

Did you buy these online? If you did, how was the wording of the sale? Did it say replacement or replaces? There are unscrupulous sellers out there that use that to get premium prices for their cheap almost good filters.
http://www.poolfilters.biz/unicel-c...fXrRrls7B64jPKlC0lKEHCYZv0oURM-SUgBoClnPw_wcB
You nailed..now that you mentioned it, there it is-REPLACEMENT....
Live and learn. Guess I`ll just have to keep an eye on them for tearing, deconstruction, and just all coming apart..
Thanks, I kinda knew it.:brickwall:

The C-5315 that I use, I usually buy from Amazon during the off season for $16 - 18 each. I've been burned on that as well, that's how I learned. If it says replaces or replacement for, chances are high it's not a Unicel filter. I've seen places that at least for a little while show a picture of a genuine Unicel, and send cheap in place of it. I usually report them to Amazon and Unicel. Funny how the pic changes shortly after that....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.