Pool Cover Recommendation

Mar 19, 2011
Cave City, KY
We have had a 30' AGP for 5 years and cover it each year. At first I went with the cheapest cover I could find (~$40) and the were basically trash after only 1 years use. So I thought I would go with a better quality one and last one I purchased was ~$80. It was better quality and lasted 2 years. :rolleyes: The pool is located in a rural farm area and gets its share of wind from across the fields and there are enough trees around to add plenty of leaves. Using a cover, the water stays clear under it and opening the pool is easily opened in a day.

Besides the cable wrapped around the pool to keep it in place, I have also needed to use screws in the side uprights to help hold it in place. I also criss-cross clothesline like a spiderweb over the cover to help keep it down. With out this spiderweb, the cover will "bubble" up almost 5' above the pool. Even with plenty of water on top, the water will gather to one side and the other will be flapping in the wind. The cover and wind bent 3 of the top rails last winter.

So I am looking for recommendations on how to cover this pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.