Solid or Mesh Pool Cover

Since my pool stays open year-round, I have no need of a winter cover.

But my previous pool was in New England and I had a LoopLoc mesh type cover. I loved it. It looked great, no water collects on it, leaves blow right off. Some debris filters through it, but using a pool cleaner or manual vacuum and a day or two with the filter up and running had the water clear and sparkling again with minimal effort.

I have a loop loc. Solid keeps everything out of the pool and water will accumulate on top. You will need a cover pump to keep the water off of it. Solid with mesh drains has some mesh panels to allow rain/snow melt to drip into your pool. The level will slowly rise over time so you have to maintain the water level. I put an automatic sump pump on my step to keep the water level in check. All mesh allows more light and stuff into the pool- could be an issue with algae. My dealer recommended the solid with mesh drains and it works great for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.