E z pool

Sep 5, 2013
I decidedto try E Z POOL [an automatic balancer]. I balanced my pool according to instructions, however, after putting in the E Z POOL, my chlorine test shows no chlorine. My pool is inground, 22k, water temp is 88, sand filter, one and half pump motor. I have a chlorinator that holds 8 tablets [3 inch]

You will find that not many (if anyone) around here subscribe to products that claim to do everything. E Z Pool claims to be stable oxidizer, algae shield, clarifier, scale inhibitor, water conditioner and balancer. We believe in only addind what your particular pool needs to stay balanced and nothing more. Most here also feel that while 3" tabs have their place in pool care (as in vacation use) the negatives of the stabilizer they add to your pool outweigh the positive of "ease of use".

Think about it, there really can't be an "automatic" balancer. My pool always has high pH while yours may tend ot have low pH. How can one product chemically fix both? These type of products make you feel better because you are doing something, but they really exist to increase pool company profits. Let me be the first to recommend discontinuing the use of tabs and all in one products. Take control of your pool and only use what your pool needs.

How much Pool School have you read? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

If you don't have one I would recommend that you get one of the recommended test kits. You can buy a kit at a pool store, but again the pool store kits generally won't cut it. To effectively practice the TFPC methods, the FAS/DPD chlorine test is essential. All these kits contain that test while very few other kits do. Think of it this way, do you see a doctor blindly prescribing drugs without seeing the patient or having tests run? Here at TFP we are going to ask for photos so we can see the condition of the water and are going to ask for a full set of test results.

I see you signed up here in 2013, so I'll say welcome back to TFP!!

You posted once here about the order of chemicals back in April and now you are trying E Z POOL. What happened in between? Did you try maintaining the pool as described in the Pool School? Is it too much for you to add chlorine every day or two? If you give us some guidance on your goals and the issues you have, then we can help you better. It sounds like maybe you don't want to dose regularly in which case there are various automation choices for you including The Liquidator, peristaltic pump, and saltwater chlorine generator. Or if you want to abandon the TFP methods completely then you could use Trichlor pucks but will need to do something to prevent algae (weekly Polyquat algaecide; phosphate remover; dilution to keep CYA down) at greater expense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.