Target FC before heavy swimmer activity or after heavy swimmer activity in a pool

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
I have recently increased my levels from 4 to 5 daily and it seems that for some reason the water becomes extremely clear after I vacuum the pool. The water is always clear before vacuuming as well. Is this because any dead organic matter or algae will all settle to the floor, etc. and then it is vacuumed up? Or I am just imagining things.

I have been very religious in maintaining my levels daily between the minimum and target FC based on my CYA. The PH, TA and CH are also all in check. There have been no signs of algae anywhere, including the light fixture or near the steps, etc. I have a friend who has spent all summer long trying to clean up a green swampy mess because he has listened to the pool store and his wife. Even though he registered for TFPC to date has not posted anything (What a shame).

Question : If I have a lot of activity in the pool, for instance 10 children and some adults in the pool for 4-8 hours each day or every other day, are there any special precautions I should take to ensure the pool stays clean and sanitary. Should I increase the FC short term? Or should I possibly do something else?

Thank you.

Certainly a good idea to bump up the FC by at least a couple ppm before heavy use and maybe again right after. It is safe to swim up to shock level, so a few ppm is nothing to worry about.

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Q: So shocking the pool is not necessary after heavy usage?

Q: As I bump up the levels a few ppm, for example from 5 to 7, I am assuming it is safe to go swimming within 30 minutes. :D

I am trying to gain knowledge before next swimming season as pool will be closed in a week. Hopefully not too much snow in NJ but I am prepared. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.