Mud stain - vinyl liner

Neworldjef

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 8, 2014
Monmouth Junction, NJ
Hi All:

I recently had some renovation work done and my pool had to be pumped out into holding pools. While the work was being done in the deep end a bit of water leaked into the shallow end from the steps. The water was reddish brown presumably from the ground water under the liner and behind the steps. It pooled (maybe a few gallons total) and I assumed when the pool was filled up again it would all wash away. However, it stained. I got my chlorine up high for a couple of weeks (7-10 ppm) and brushed it hard to no avail. Any ideas how to get rid of these mud stains?

Thanks -

Jeff

Update - the stain had been there for about a month before I posted. I took the suggestion above and raised chlorine levels and brushed 3 times per day. Helped somewhat. then I bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and with a few good strokes (a few more in some places) it is gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.