Froggy as chlorine feeder

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
This might be of interest to those (like me) who were suckered into buying the Pool Frog before we knew better. The froggy can be used without the mineral cartridge, just the chlorine bac-pac, for occasional automated chlorinating. If you look at it, the chlorine bac-pac sits higher than the top rim of the holder, and the top of the holder is raised only in the diameter of the bac-pac, so the bac-pac will not flop over. I haven't tried it for just regular tri-chlor tablets, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with regular tablets, like a regular chlorine feeder, since it does have the same water in and out action of a regular chlorine feeder. Of course, you shouldn't use it very much even as a mineral less, tri-chlor only, chlorine feeder, whether with the bac-pacs or tablets only, because it has the same problems as any tri-chlor feeder: raises CYA and lowers Ph. But if your CYA is low enough to handle it, and you need a feeder for a week or so for vacation or some other reason, it might be useful. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.