When is it best to switch to TFP

Sep 6, 2014
Ossian, Indiana
Hello All - brand new member to this website. I'm very glad I found it.

I have used Baquacil for the last two years, but would like to switch to the TFP Method for next year. I am ready to close down my pool for the season and would like to know if I should go through the conversion process before closing or wait until next spring. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but my closing process is very simple - drain the water level to below the skimmer and then disconnect the pump/filter. I do not put a winter cover on my pool as I live out in the country and the winds would tear it to pieces.

Thanks for any advice!

Personally I would wait until next Spring to preform the conversion. The addition of rain/snow will add fresh water to your pool, and help in lowering the Baqua levels. The less Baquacil you have in your pool, the quicker the conversion will go. Try to keep any leaves and such out of the water however, as any solids will slow your conversion down.

I'd also like to welcome you to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.