Re-equiping the pool equipment shed

Our 40 year old pool and basic plumbing could use up-dating I think but I need advice. I have a single speed pump and would like to use more modern gear to save electricity. Seems as if my ProLogic control would be happier with Hayward pumps but the Pentair IntelliPro appears more popular. Also the Hayward VS has a detachable control module which might help my 80+ back.

Cannot physically remove redundant heater but it seems a bypass valve would save ~7psi. Filter gauge (newish) reads 22psi with solar ON. 220v supply has 6.1 amps in each leg. Need professional help I expect but no one near here seems to be really professional?

Have had Genie-Chlor, Lectranator and Compupool but the all died and the "pool guy" is happier with ordinary chemicals than salt.

All ideas eagerly awaited.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I have limited experience with automation controls as my set up is a simple timer for the pump, no SWCG. Depending on your electrical costs, which I'm guessing are high and may have day/night cheaper rates, you could save a good amount going with a VS or even a two-speed pump.

A bypass valve is a great idea to bypass the heater. If you never want to use the heater, you could also disconnect and remove entirely but the option might be nice if the heater is still operable.

I'm sure your pool guy doesn't like salt systems as you'd likely not need him at all anymore if you have your own proper test kit and are comfortable taking over the pool yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.