More Stray Voltage.

Sep 6, 2014
New York
Re: Stray Voltage

I am having the same exact issues. Basic facts. In ground pool, saltwater , vinyl liner, only metal is pool lights and rebar in concrete deck. I am reading 500 millivolts from water to earth as ground. I get a serious tingle and sometimes a shock when my feet are wet on the concrete and finger in pool. Take feet off concrete and it's nothing. Power company disconnected completely including their neutral, along with catv and phone. Still feel tingle, still read 500 millivolts. All power to my home disconnected including my own neutral, still exists. Old owner had same issue and chose to ignore it. I'm told the pool is properly bonded, but who knows. Can anyone please help

Re: Stray Voltage

Well clearly the pool is not properly bonded or you would not feel anything.

Of course then there is still the problem of the source which may not even be on your property.

You need 2 failures to experience what you are feeling.

Agreed. My thought however is not to find the stray voltage but to create an equipotential plane. How can I get my deck to be the same potential as the water and will that work? I'm not an electrician by any means, but wouldn't that have to work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.