Spa through wall leak under spa overflow ledge

Aug 16, 2014
Highland Village, TX
Spa leak down at the check valves was resolved. The spa leak through the wall from what is under the spa overflow is not resolved. How difficult is it to removed the spa overflow sandstone ledge and re-install with no gaps in where ledge meets spa edge. what is the best type of mortar or substance to use to lay the sandstone. Is this something a novice bricklayer/stone guy can perform or too many unknown skill required? Thanks to the group.

From the pictures I'm not totally sure you have a leak. What is your CH?

Before tearing all this out I'd go get a couple of repair bids. They are free and you get to hear what some pros think.

I'd first look at ways of stopping the leak inside the spa with either some caulk or cleaning out the grout under the stone spillway and replacing with some new cement grout. That's where your initial failure is anyway.

Beyond that it gets tricky. To Remove and repair you have to take off a lot of stone and replace. One can do it its just slow because you don't want to damage the stone you are removing.

Thanks, i have thought of that route to replace the grout/mortar under the stone ledge and on the top where the spillway butts up to the top cap. Then we have a solid stone set, i am not that anxious to demo and repair all the stone on the pool side of the spa. If i can detach and reset the stone spillway and resolve the leak, that would be great. I have a call into a pool company for their assessment of the issue.

I had patched under the spa spillway spa side with epoxy in what i thought was a hole under the ledge. Did not resolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.