Pressure Gauge with above ground pool

spylab

Jun 29, 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
My sand filter came with an explanation that flow meters are the least accurate way of determining when to backwash. I would still like to have one because I like doing things by the numbers :) I saw a link to My Pool Yard on another post (sorry don't know how to link) and it says all I need is my pipe size. I know I have 1.5 inch but it is the flexible stuff for above ground pools. These meters mention PVC. Would they or any other reasonably priced meter work with my set up? Thanks!

Re: Flow Gauge *** on with above ground pool

Just backwash when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure. No need to know the actual flow rate. A pressure gauge is a lot cheaper than a flow meter.

Well, you can add pressure gauge anywhere between the pump and the filter. They are usually on the top of the filter ... odd yours does not have one.

So you can add a PVC Teed between the pump and filter and screw in on of the gauges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.