TA level low after decreasing PH

onedah

Aug 23, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Hi All,

I have been trying to lower a very high PH level (well over 8.xx), I have been adding MA to lower and I think I added a little to much but my PH is now raising. I have noticed that my TA however has dropped to ~20 from 120. Should I look at raising my TA with Baking Soda or see were my PH land in a few days and test again?

Any danger of a low TA for the pool or swimmers?

Latest test results

FC 7.5
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 20
CH 220
CYA 50

Thanks
O

Add baking soda to bring the TA back up to at least 60ppm. It should not affect the pH too much, but you can check an hour after adding and circulating the baking soda.

The low TA can contribute to making the water aggressive to your plaster, so I would not leave it that low.

But, it would not affect any swimmers.

So I added Baking Soda to increase my TA howeber my PH looks like its near 7.8 to 8.2 again. Any idea what next?

I put the baking soda in about 2 hours ago - could that be the reason for a high PH, should I wait to take a PH reading?

FC 8
CC .5
PH 7.8 - 8.2 (looks closer to 8.2)
TA 70
CH 220
CYA 50

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.