pH Testing

lion22

Aug 13, 2014
Monticello MN
Hello to all. I use the Taylor K2006, but I still have the cheap OTO tester I had B/4 I got the Taylor. Regarding pH, the tests "appear" to be the same as far as matching color shade. Is it the quality of the Taylor reagents that make the difference? I'm not considering switching back, lol, just curious. Thanks.

The K2006 should have a drop test for FC, where you put powder in the sample, swirl, and then add drops til the pink color disappears. The K2005 does have a pink color-matching FC test, is that what you're using?

The cheapo PoolMaster 5Way pH test requires adding one drop of their solution #4 (sodium thiosulfate) to eliminate FC prior to adding 5 drops of the pH reagent.

Taylor pH reagent has the FC sequestrant built into it.

Both tests yield similar results in my opinion.

I use my cheapo PoolMaster kit for daily, testing with the OTO drops just there to tell me I have FC present (the OTO color scale is worthless and inaccurate).

I use my old GuessStrips for making creative stick sculptures which I then sell on the roadside for $100's of dollars to unsuspecting tourists.... :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.