New member that doesn't know anything about AGP

Sep 4, 2014
Dallas
Hi everyone I just joined and I don't really know anything about AGP . I also ordered our first AGP a 16'X32'X52" Intex ultra frame / saltwater system and any advice would be greatly appreciated for sure.

Best regards
Yachtnutz

Getting ready to start the ground work

Hi I'm getting ready to start the ground work for my 16'X32'X52" intex pool , and I have a couple of questions do I use sand and extruded boards and then the Gorilla flooring. I've been reading some say use sand and some disagree because it will shift . Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you
Yachtnutz

Sand will shift and be washed away out from under your pool. Dig down to level. You can use a bit of sand (say 1/2") to smooth the dirt out but no more. I was very careful and still had some sand wash out such that there is a low spot where the rainwater was running out from under the pool.
Some also use crushed rock - forget what it's called - which apparently compacts and stays in place.

A level concrete pad would certainly be the easiest. But it's expensive and not necessary.
The most important is that it's level within about an inch and that you dig down to level rather than trying to bring in material to build up.
Just search for the words

intex install level

and you'll get a bunch of threads on installs with lots of tips.

Our sand is contained by 2x6's and some did wash away. So your mileage may vary. It might depend on the surrounding gradient - our pool is in kind of a low spot on a relatively steep grade (1 ft. per 22 feet) and right where water gathers from either side and wants to run thru so that water really wants to run underneath our pool

I used the "screenings", we call it "crush" here. It has been great except for areas where it has been exposed to the rain - it has washed out. However anywhere it is covered, like with tarp, it's solid. Glad I did it. I plan on filling in the washed out spots (I have quite a bit left over) and covering it with landscape rock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.