Jandy 1400 Cell Replacement

Aug 15, 2014
NJ
Just got the new cell and sensor. Basicly understand how to switch unit out. However, new sensor has a small pc board attached and also has a black jumper in a plastic bag, not sure if I am to use this jumper or not and for that matter whether or not to use small pc board. A pool person told me not to use the little pc board, little confused about that. Also have an extension cable that connects to the small pc board, would think that is to make an easier installation. So a little help to understand what to do. thanks

Here is the manual to install the tri-sensor, http://edc.poolsupplyworld.com/wpdf/r0537600_installation.pdf.

Follow the manual if you need the jumper or not. The extension cable is only used if the tri-sensor cable does not fit in the SWG's housing.

I have removed my adapter board for the last 6 months or so and it has run perfectly since. The adapter board is supposed to increase the signal levels of the tri-sensor but I'm not sure it does what it is supposed to do. It might be that the adapter boards go bad as I have had a lot of trouble with "no flow" when I have the adapter board plugged in, and without it I've had a flawless system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.