rocks under liner

DJSO

Oct 15, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I had a liner pool installed last year. Last night I felt a couple rocks under the liner near the steps. It is normal to have some small rocks migrate in? We don't have a water issue and there is a sump under the pool. We run the pump a couple times a year just to be sure there isn't any high water. What could be causing the rock to appear? Will this damage my liner?

I had a couple when I put my liner in. One felt pretty sharp. I tossed a clear patch over it so I can monitor it. If it starts to push through the liner, I might cut it out and toss a couple patches over it. But right now, I am just keeping an eye on it every so often.

I had the same thing happen when the new liner was installed. It was actually vermiculite that peaked. Take a small piece of 2x4, and put it square on the mound. Give it a tap with ur hand. It should crush down. If it does give it another smack. I guess that depends on what the bottom of ur pool is. It should go flat unless u know a 100% it is a stone.

I had the same thing happen when the new liner was installed. It was actually vermiculite that peaked. Take a small piece of 2x4, and put it square on the mound. Give it a tap with ur hand. It should crush down. If it does give it another smack. I guess that depends on what the bottom of ur pool is. It should go flat unless u know a 100% it is a stone.

Thanks. I guess I'm not sure that I am 100% sure it's a stone, since it just showed up a year after the liner was installed. However, the bottom of the pool is poured concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.