Amount of chlorine gereration from SWG

Oct 6, 2013
Oklahoma
Not an important question but one mostly of interest. I have a Jandy SWG for my 15000 gal pool. I just wondered how much actual chlorine they generate in like 12 hour period. Im not really looking for exact numbers. Would you think it would be equal to a few cups of 8% bleach per 12 hr period? One other thing, is there any negative consequence to running the SWG at 100% for a period of time vs a fraction. It just seems to me that i wouldnt have to run my pumps as long, less electricity and less wear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to know the specific model number of the SWG (cell size) to calculate the chlorine output.

It makes no difference if you run the SWG at 25% or at 100% for 1/4 the amount of time. You are correct that you will save money on electricity by running the pump less and the SWG at a higher % ... but the "wear" on the SWG is the same either way.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409929907.556912.jpg

Attached is photo of the model number Please be aware I'm not looking for exact numbers but just some correlation as to if I was just adding bleach instead. I love the SWG system and just wondered how it compared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That cell can put out 1.25 lbs. or 20 oz. of chlorine a day which is equal to 20 ppm of chlorine in your 7,500 gallon pool. It would be equivalent to 228 oz. of 8.25% bleach. You can use PoolMath to calculate everything you want, see my signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.