My pressure gage reads 12

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
The pressure is low,usually around 20 plus. I backwash when it get in high 20s-30. I have good water flow, not finding any clogs. Cleaned out baskets. Sometimes I get pine needles in the impeller and I reach in and work them loose.

Everything seems fine except the gauge reads low. I even replaced the gauge. Still reads about 12.

I plan on closing this weekend so I'm hoping to get this fixed.

Thanks

Only way for the pressure to be lower than normal is a suction clog or a clogged impeller or a clog between the pump and filter or a bad gauge or something clogging the port to the gauge.

You might want to split the pump and do a better job inspecting the impeller ... would not be the first time pine needles clogged up the pump.

Only way for the pressure to be lower than normal is a suction clog or a clogged impeller or a clog between the pump and filter or a bad gauge or something clogging the port to the gauge.

You might want to split the pump and do a better job inspecting the impeller ... would not be the first time pine needles clogged up the pump.

So I did split the pump......it was fine. Few pine needles but no obstruction. Put it back together and still low. Not sure what to do now

- - - Updated - - -

My sand hasn't been changed in over 5-6 years. Could that cause an issue like this?

Multi port.....Haywood sand filter. After cleaning pump n reassemble I'm getting 16, so at least it's a little better. I'm wondering if I should just close this weekend n blow everything out. See what happens next year. What do you think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.