Seems Like debris is re-entering my pool after filtration

Hello,

I have a Hayward 210T sand filter, and it seems like small particles are re-entering my pool. For example, I vacuum one day and the next morning it seems like some of the small gravel particles I vacuumed up are back in the pool. The multi function valve is a Hayward 711 and I also replaced the spider gasket on that. Today, my filter pressure was at about 20, so I decided to do a backwash. After doing the backwash, I ran the rinse cycle for about a minute. Then I put it back in filtration mode. It seemed after this, that the problem was exacerbated as I noticed several small pieces of debris under the return line. The overall pressure in the filter has gone back down to 12, so the backwash seems to have helped. Is it possible I have a mechanical problem with this filter system? The pool has only been up for about a month, and I am new to this, so it is entirely possible that I've done something wrong, or perhaps I am a bit too concerned with ultra clean pool. The water chemistry is very good, and the water clarity is very good. I just notice, what I think, to be a quick accumulation of small debris on the bottom of the pool.

Thanks,
Marc

I was concerned that I put the multiport valve on incorrectly initially. However, it seems to be functioning as expected when changing settings. Today I vacuumed the pool and about an hour later there was a lot of bark dust "dust" that had settled at the bottom. I think this is due to some heavy winds yesterday and dogs kicking up a lot of dust. I think there was a lot of suspended material in the water that the skimmer wasn't collecting. I've vacuumed again since, so I'll see how that goes. Thanks again for the responses.

And just to cover all bases, when you change multiport positions you do it only with the pump off and it's a good habit to get into to only go in one direction. For me with my Hayward valve Filter, Backwash, Rinse and Filter fall in a clockwise rotation so I always go clockwise no matter what setting I'm using. On some multiports the manufacturer recommends only going in one direction while on others they don't mention rotation direction. I figure it might be easier on the spider gasket so I just always go clockwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.