New BBB member from Florida

Grr8ful

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2008
Florida
Hello,

I'm Lynn aka Grr8ful.
New to the BBB method and also to pool care.
Bought a K-Mart AG frame pool last August and had no problems with upkeep last year, even with the small 780gpm pump sold with the pool.
This spring I moved it for cleaning and bought a dump truck of sand to hopefully level out the deep end where it keeps sinking a bit ( after a few weeks the deep end returned ) No biggie.
Start up went well and the pool stayed clear until the rains started in June.
Unable to control my algae bloom I found this site and am very Grr8ful 8) for all the help!
Thank You all for the information for pool care without spending a fortune.

The algae appears gone, but with all the rain (almost everyday) I'm getting pollen and dirt that my filter wasn't removing. I recently bought an Intex 2,500 gpm, better, but not filtering the gook at the bottom when I vacumn. I've found if I vacumn with the hose just dumping the water out I can get the pool pretty clean, then brush and turn the filter back on and it stays clean until the next rain.

Should I add a sand filter? Is the 2,500gpm pump large enough to handle a 14" ? Would I inline it before, or after the pump?

Happy swimming :)

Lynn

Hi Lynn

Welcome to TFP :wave:

I have seen several posts on here about people who have upgraded to Sand Filters, and I believe you add it after the pump. If you search "intex + Sand filter" there's a few threads by austinsmom that you could read, they may help you figure out what to do. I know austinsmom switched to a sandfilter.

Good luck!