Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New BBB member from Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

New BBB member from Florida

Hello,

I'm Lynn aka Grr8ful.
    New to the BBB method and also to pool care.
    Bought a K-Mart AG frame pool last August and had no problems with upkeep last year, even with the small 780gpm pump sold with the pool.
    This spring I moved it for cleaning and bought a dump truck of sand to hopefully level out the deep end where it keeps sinking a bit ( after a few weeks the deep end returned ) No biggie.
    Start up went well and the pool stayed clear until the rains started in June.
    Unable to control my algae bloom I found this site and am very Grr8ful 8) for all the help!
    Thank You all for the information for pool care without spending a fortune.

The algae appears gone, but with all the rain (almost everyday) I'm getting pollen and dirt that my filter wasn't removing. I recently bought an Intex 2,500 gpm, better, but not filtering the gook at the bottom when I vacumn. I've found if I vacumn with the hose just dumping the water out I can get the pool pretty clean, then brush and turn the filter back on and it stays clean until the next rain.

Should I add a sand filter? Is the 2,500gpm pump large enough to handle a 14" ? Would I inline it before, or after the pump?

Happy swimming

Lynn
    3,300g K-Mart Framed 3 x 14 AGP
    Intex 2,500 gph pump/filter
    Pool Devil Pro

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New BBB member from Florida

Hi Lynn

Welcome to TFP

I have seen several posts on here about people who have upgraded to Sand Filters, and I believe you add it after the pump. If you search "intex + Sand filter" there's a few threads by austinsmom that you could read, they may help you figure out what to do. I know austinsmom switched to a sandfilter.

Good luck!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com