Aqualink RS8 weird behavior

Sep 3, 2014
Carlisle, MA
Hi Everyone,
I have a pool w/ attached spa (with spa side switch), cleaner, bubbler in the spa. The other day I turned the spa and spa heat on. All the correct buttons were lit, but the spa did not heat up. I turned the spa heat off, then when I went to turn the spa off, it wouldn't go off. When you press the spa button, it said spa would go off after delay, but then stop flashing and stay lit. When I pressed the pump button, but the pump and spa heat buttons would flash, alternating green and red. The only way to get the system off was to go outside and put the system into service mode. You can then switch back to auto, and the regular program would work fine. I tried resetting, but that didn't work, and I ran diagnostics. I got the messages Cal 0 0 6 and "solar sensor open". I don't have solar heat. I will try powering off at the breaker when I get home. I have done a lot of googling and it seems like the spa side switch is often the culprit. I wouldn't be surprised, as I was using it a lot earlier in the day. Should I disconnect the spa switch leads and see if that fixes things? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Spa side remotes are notorious for going bad as they sit out in the open getting rained on and the sun beats down on them. So they do eventually fail.

Spa side remotes are notorious for going bad as they sit out in the open getting rained on and the sun beats down on them. So they do eventually fail.

Thanks. I used the Lockout feature to bypass the spa switch, and everything is back to normal. I will buy another switch in the spring and install it then. No sense putting it in now to have it sit through the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.