f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been on the site for a while and I have learned so much. I have not bought the recommended test kit yet but I will. However, even without the test kit, I know what to do when I get an algae outbreak and to add DE to my sand filter to trap the finer particles. I know what to look for when air bubbles appear in the pump strainer basket. I also knew which brand of pump to buy and what I needed to do when installing solar panels. My filter has been spitting algae back into the pool so I knew that I likely wasn't rinsing long enough and that I did not need to toss the filter. Today, I rinsed longer and no green shot into the pool when I turned the pump on. I have no desire to buy a new vacuum once I learned that if I hold the hose to the return, that gets the air out the first time, every time. When my pool gets cloudy or is a little less than sparkling, I have lost the urge to run to the store for clarifier and what not. Now, I can test the water and fix it for the cost of bleach. For the entire summer, which continues in Florida, I have ONLY purchased bleach and we have only had two days when we could not swim due to an algae outbreak.
I love this site and will donate soon!

Glad we could help ... donate and get that discount on the test kit :whip: :jocolor:

If you are seeing green coming out of the filter, then you need to get on top of the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and that certainly requires a good kit to do properly.

Once you have the right tool, you should be able to spend even less time on maintaining the pool. ;)

We come here with a problem but stay for the sanity of being able to control our pools with proper testing and common chemicals :lovetfp:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.