Pool cover help

Jun 12, 2014
Sharpsville, IN
Okay, attached is a pic of my pool, I couldn't figure out how to paste it directly in to this post. I need to buy a cover for it for the winter. The previous homeowner had a tarp type cover with water bags and it didn't seem to work very well in my opinion. Any suggestions on the type of cover I should look for? In the photo is a pic of our pool, as you can see it is not a normal shaped pool, not even kidney bean shaped, more like a puzzle piece. Anyone? All I've been able to find are covers for rectangle pools or kidney shaped.

Also, do I want a mesh one or a solid one? Solids have a drain type system in the middle so whatever rain or snow we gets, melts and drains into the pool. Do I want that after treating the pool after the season?

Attachments

• POOL LAST SUMMER.jpg
    POOL LAST SUMMER.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 95
You need to go custom. I went with loop-loc, one of the top brands. Awesome qualilty. Look up your local dealer, they'll come out and measure and order it. It does take several weeks to get it made, so I wouldn't delay.

Here's mine installed last year. I went with the installer's recommendation of solid with mesh drains. It handles snow and ice just fine. Heck, my mother-in-law fell on it with no problems. Pricey at $3000, but I think worth it.

Loop-Loc, Meyco, Merlin; All three make excellent safety covers. Surely there's a dealer for one of them that services your area. Try their websites for a referral.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.