iAqualink....great product, do not buy version 1.0...only get 2.0

Jul 7, 2007
Allen, Texas
I started a different thread a few months ago with my faulty iAqualink 1.0 radio giving me problems due to heat.

If you are shopping for iAqualink (new or upgrade), ONLY purchase the 2.0 version. The 2.0 version works great so far. The 1.0 version is an old wifi chipset (802.11b standard only) and has problems related to heat...on both the wired ethernet and wireless interface. I verified this over ~ 20 days of various temperatures, but always hitting 90+ degrees per day. Each day when the temperature in the shade hit ~ 92+ degrees, the connection would start to drop (wired or wireless)...and would eventually go out completely once the temperature went above 95.

If you live in a cooler climate, you may never notice a problem with 1.0. Mine worked great all winter, but when summer hit here in Texas...boom. I saw another thread of someone having problems in Arizona also.

You probably will only find the 1.0 version on Ebay or used.......BUT DON'T BUY IT. You will regret it.

The 2.0 version is a newer wifi chipset and so far has no heat problems.....it's running in 100+ temps at my house now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.