dirt in my pool

Oct 29, 2013
I always have more then a few areas where there is dirt on the bottom of my pool. I touch it and it feels grainy like sand. I dont know if it is dead algae or dirt/sand but like i said it feels grainy when i touch it. I bought the expensive sand/dirt bag to attach to my vacuum but still the same results. I cant even say for sure that the sand/dirt bag even helped. How do i keep it all the way clean.

I get a lot of dirt/sand that gets into the pool when it rains due to incomplete landscaping around the pool.

You either have to figure out where the sand is coming from and stop the source, or run your cleaner more to remove it.

i have always had this dirt in my pool since i moved in last year...my pool is surrounded by concrete and grass there is no source for new dirt. i added an extra hour to my pump and vacuum when i added the dirt/sand filter bag and no improvement

Could it be the cartridge? I only say because this year I had an issue with dirt that kept coming back also. The cartridges I had were 2 or 3 seasons old. I finally gave up assuming I had a rip somewhere in the cartridge and purchased a new one. As soon as I put the new one on I figured out the problem. The old cartridge was not making a tight seal inside the filter. Dirt was able to pass right around the filter. I could feel the new one was snug as I set it down into the filter housing, where the old one was not at all.

I have dirt that gets in my pool around the lines in the bottom of the deep end. I used to run my Polaris, but all it did was stir it up. It was too fine to be caught in the Polaris bag. I've started just vacuuming it once a week, which I hate doing, and that keeps it clean for several days. I don't know if it's just the wind blowing dirt in or what. It looks gritty like sand, and I thought my sand filter was broken at first, but it is too fine to grab usually. It puffs up when you try to grab any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.