Token Expired

chem geek

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
San Rafael, CA USA
After the move to the new forum software earlier this year, I have been sometimes getting the following message:

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
Trouble Free Pool

Though I'm able to recover by the suggested reload, if this occurs after writing or editing a post then going back from this message usually loses everything that was typed (just from the "Back", obviously the "reload" will get rid of it but it could be copied before that) so it can be very frustrating.

I find if I go to "Go Advacnced" before replying it doesn't happen. That or if you get the message "copy" your reply and go to the top of the page and hit the link under "+ Reply to Thread" that has the threads name and then paste your copied message in.

Richard,
Can you please explain what you were trying to do when you received this message? Was it uploading a photo or another action??

Kiss4aFrog,
Are you getting that message on a Mac as well??

I get that same message occasionally when I use the bookmark I have to go directly to my "Settings" page. I figured it was a problem with IE8.

I don't yet have any clue about what is causing this issue.

However, what you have typed isn't usually lost even when things like that happen. You should be able to go back to the same page and look closely for the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button towards the bottom left of the reply box. Pressing that button will usually recover whatever you had typed before things vanished.

I've been playing around with the auto-saved feature. It seems to like the message I was going to post this morning better than the 3 I have tried to post this evening.

As you type you will see a yellow "auto-saved" message flash in the bottom right corner of the dialogue box. Once you use the browser's forward and back buttons to navigate away from a page, anything you typed in the reply box but did not post will be available for restoration when you click in the "restore auto saved content" box imbedded in the lower left corner of the reply box. The box is only visible and active after you navigate away from the page and come back without completing the post.

My suggestion this morning that I did not post was "Check your security settings, clear the cache, and delete the cookies. You may want to delete any temp files also." Didn't seem to matter what I typed since then, it would only save and restore that 1st attempt to post.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NOW I see the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button. I didn't see that earlier when I posted. Thanks for explaining that the button only shows up after some typing and auto-save. That makes sense. So if the issue happens again where I have to go back, I can at least recover what I've typed.

I have noticed that little " Auto-Saved" box pop up now and again while typing and now I guess I know what it's for !!

Leebo: I'm using Firefox on a windows platform. It doesn't happen very often and it might be I'm in the screen too long. Read the post, do some research, look for a picture ... that kind of thing.

was perusing jblizzle posts last night
put computer to sleep
awoke computer this morning
saw the message

is discussed on the vBulletin Forum
one post said upgrade to 4.2.2 but this is 4.2.2 so ???

Did you refresh the page first, or go right into an action (IE post reply that was already pre-typed)?

did not refresh first
was not doing a reply so there was no reply window, just the screen from http://www.troublefreepool.com/members/12859-jblizzle
what did I do? hard to recall but is likely I clicked on a link
sort of like my privileges to use that page and links thereon had expired

I suppose could be tested by going to a page, putting computer to sleep, waking in say 10hrs (a pain)
but could try it tonight

well, at least it is reproducible
same thing this morning

1) go to jblizzle page
2) put computer to sleep
3) next morning wake computer
4) put cursor over a link and > the message

turns out no need to refresh the page, just click Ok and all works fine

MacOS 10.9.4 Safari 7.0.6

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 7.08.37 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 7.08.37 AM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 32
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.