Finally Trouble Free

I have been a pool owner for 10 years and this is the first year I figured out how to manage it the right way, and be truly trouble free! It was the advice of this site that helped me get there and I wanted to share my experience. I wasn't educated before and simply thought the goal was to keep algae out of the pool by keeping chlorine levels up. I didn't bother to learn about the other things that must be balanced to make everything work, as I trusted my local pool store to handle all that for me. Well, every year I struggled with algae blooms that kept coming back that required more chemicals to "fix". I was very frustrated and honestly would have been okay with filling the pool in with dirt! It wasn't until early this year when I had to fully drain my pool due to high cyanuric acid levels that I'd had enough, and found this site to help me learn how to care for my pool the right way. The first thing I did was buy a real test kit, including one that tested for CYA. Then, I promptly gave the chlorine pucks (loaded with stabilizer) the boot and switched to liquid chlorine. The difference now is I test my pool and input liquid chlorine almost daily. This literally takes a couple minutes per day, and saves me a lot of hassle playing catch up with the algae. In fact, this is the first year I have had ZERO algae in my pool! My pool is crystal clear, consistently balanced, and is finally a joy to own. In fact, I look forward to testing the pool so I can see how great my numbers are! The last time I took my water to the local pool store, back in late June, the kid commented that he wanted to frame my results as they were one of just a couple he'd seen in weeks that was balanced! Thanks Trouble Free Pool for making this possible.

Good post !
Congrats to you for taking the time to gain the knowledge you now have. It really is just that simple when you look back on where you came from.
Hope you stay on the forum !! ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.