Which way is better to add Intellichlor to Easytouch

Jun 30, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The Easytouch * I have does not have the Intellichlor support. I've purchased a IC40 but is now wondering which way to go for the power. I can buy the add-on power box, or I can buy the transformer that goes inside Easytouch. If I go with the buying the transformer inside the Easytouch, do I need anything else?

Installation wise, which is easier to hook up?

The Easytouch * I have does not have the Intellichlor support. I've purchased a IC40 but is now wondering which way to go for the power. I can buy the add-on power box, or I can buy the transformer that goes inside Easytouch. If I go with the buying the transformer inside the Easytouch, do I need anything else?

Installation wise, which is easier to hook up?

I also have an EasyTouch panel that does NOT contain a built-in Intellichlor transformer. Depending on the age of your EasyTouch power panel it may not be very easy to add an Intellichlor transformer to it. When I got my PB (Pool Builder) to swap over from an inline chlorinator to an Intellichlor IC40 SWG, he installed the separate transformer–not the built-in. After looking at his install, I believe this is the easiest way to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.