Good morning,

I put my new TF-100 to use this morning and got the followi g readings:

FC - 21
CC - 0
CYA - 140
CH - 700
TA - 90
PH - 7.4

Previous owners used a trichlor floater. With the high CYA it looks like I need to do a partial drain and fill. I am not seeing any calcium staining even with the high CH level, city water tested at 125 CH.

I think my other numbers looked good. Am I on the right track with wanting to do a partial drain and fill?

I imagine leaving the at least a foot in the pool will prevent it from "floating" out of the ground?

If so, I don't plan on going more than halfway for draining. The pool gets a lot of sun, so I'm shooting for a CYA of 70.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Unless you have a swg, 50 is as high as you want your cya. Your 21FC is a bit high unless you're trying to shock for some reason. If you are then, you're quite a bit low as your shock level for your cya is 55.
Is your water table high?

21 was what i got on the FC test. The OTO seems to agree, it turns to orange. There were about 5 or 6 trichlor tabs loaded into a floater before we closed on the house. No SWG at all here, I plan on using liquid chlorine.

Not sure on the water table level for our area yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.