Solar pool collector roof mounting kit

Aug 9, 2014
I just got 5, 4 x 12 rigid solar pool panels with a heliomatic controller for a case of beer off kijiji.
I'm having trouble finding mounting hardware for my roof( shingled bungalow)
Especially the polyester strapping I need to place across the middle of the panels to keep them from creating a sail.
Most kits online are specific to the product they sell.
There is no name on these but they are standard 1 1/2 inch pipes .

Toronto Ontario Canada

Add pictures of the panels so we know what you have. The controller makes me think you have Heliocol panels which are difficult to source parts for, but I did find a place that would sell to me.

Without a brand, we have just as much of a hard time as you would finding the proper kit (if there even is one). Best just to buy a couple of cheap 1" load straps from Home Depot, etc, and use the strap for your tie downs. Cut the strap to the length you need, put a wood screw with a flat washer on it through the strap. Just put some silicone under the head of the screw to seal everything up.
You can get these straps usually for a couple of bucks each, compared to a roof mounting kit for $20-40..........the mounting kits are nothing special that's for sure. Just a strap with a bracket that you put a screw through.

In regards to the strapping, this is the quote I was referring to.

I just got 5, 4 x 12 rigid solar pool panels with a heliomatic controller for a case of beer off kijiji.

Especially the polyester strapping I need to place across the middle of the panels to keep them from creating a sail.

Toronto Ontario Canada

- - - Updated - - -

Is this what you have for panels? www.heliocol.com/heliocol-is/our-products

1d637becd860a9460e7bef2122344874.jpg

Toronto Ontario Canada

These are the panels I have,
The last picture shows the run from the pool to the house as I'll be mounting them to the roof of my house.
The pool you see is the small pool we currently have. I have the 18x9 intex pool for next year.
Ps the headers on the collectors are 2"

Toronto Ontario Canada

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, those do look like Techno Solis, these are also sold by Solar Direct as their private label Vortex brand panels, but only with 1.5 inch header option. For brand specific installation kits I would check with Solar Direct, or I bought my Techno Solis panels from Poolheatpumps.com As I recall from a couple of years ago when I bought mine Solar Direct used a simpler (cheaper?) strap mounts than came in the Techno Solis branded kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.