Need help reattaching underwater light

Sep 12, 2013
Montgomery,Al
Hey guys,

I think either some rough housing or my kreepy krawly dislodged my underwater light. Went out to do my daily thing and noticed the light looked crooked. I touched to see if it was lose and it about fell out. How do I snap this thing back in?

Also the last few weeks I've been losing lil over an inch of water every day which hasn't happened all summer. Could I be losing water behind this light?

Glad I took the light out there was a wad of algae back there. Other than that everything appears to be in good shape. It's an old Pentair light I'm sure. The glass is blue. I figured out there was a grove on the bottom of the light that the metal tab sat in. My problem was fitting the wedge and screw at the top. Got it in and tightened it with the screwdriver but it doesn't seem I could get it tight enough. It's still seems a little lose. Being female, I had to end up getting in the pool to do it since my arms weren't long enough to reach over and poor hubs can't swim.

If you are loosing an inch of water a day that tells be that the integrity of that pipe may be compromised. Or I believe there is a gasket in there somewhere that may have been tweeked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.