Installed Aqua Rite SWG...have a question

So, the install went great and the system is working, or at lease the lights on the display says it is working. The question I have is, initially I put too much salt in the pool. My PPM is 4000, I have added a decent amount of fresh water and I have gotten it down to 3800. My SWG is giving me a reading of 3700. Do I need to continue to add fresh water to bring the salinity level down even more? Since my CA is high at 120, I know adding the fresh water is also helping bring that number down as well. Should I add some more water?

The salt should be fine unless the water is being kept over 90 degrees and the cell is after a heater. As long as the system doesn't give an error message, it's good.

The cyanuric acid level is too high and it would be worthwhile to lower it.

Thanks JamesW for your reply...now i have another question. The lights on the unit saw the power is on and the cell is generating and i have a salt reading of 3700 on the display, BUT when i press the diagnostic button i see two numbers that are displaying 0 or 0.00...Can someone please tell me what these numbers mean...the unit was installed yesterday and was a brand new unit...

39P
AL-0
r1.59
t-15

UPDATE:

I turned the switch on the front panel to OFF and then back to AUTO, and i heard a "click" on and i then i saw the following number:

39P
AL-0
r1.59
t-15

Looks like it is working...I still am in the process of adding fresh water to bring both the salt and CYA levels down.

Yes, it's working. The 39p means that the unit makes chlorine 39 percent of the time and is off 61 percent of the time. That means that the unit is more likely to be off when you scroll through the diagnostic readings and the current (amps) and the instant salt reading would be zero.

JamesW, thanks you very much for the clarification. So, i just returned back home after being out for a while and checked the unit and found the amps and salt level reading zero again. indicator light shows it is "Generating". I then moved the switch from auto to off then back to auto and the unit made the click sound and began showing the salt and amp numbers again...Does the unit turn itself on and off through the day...

Just want to make sure nothing is wrong with the unit.

So, I have had the SWG going for a week and have a few questions. My TC/FC has stayed steady at about a 4. My CYA is at 90, but I can't keep my PH in the 7.3/7.4 range. I generally add about 2.5 cups of acid and the ph comes down to about a 7.3 and then a day later it goes back up. Any thoughts on keeping the PH steady. The knob on the front of the Aqua Rite is set to 9.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.