My pool system is about two and half years old. It has worked without a problem. Now the system looses pressure when I vacuum.
This is a Hayward sand filter type system with a VERI FLOW XL Valve.
1. The system pumps normal with the pressure between 15 and 17.
2. When I turn the in line valve to the vacuum position, the pressure stays between 15 and 17.
3. When I insert the vacuum hose i have suction for about 30 seconds, then the suction slowly gets weaker with a small amount of air coming through the jets into the pool, to no suction in about 10 seconds with air returning to the skimmer pushing the vacuum hose out of it's seat.
4. I tried a different hose and the same problem exists.
5. I checked the in line basket filter seal, it looks fine and I made sure it is seated properly.
I was hoping someone could offer some possible causes and solutions.