Newbie filter pressure (lack of), and return jet questions

gadd

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Before my questions just wanted to say my pool is looking great and I'm getting great numbers with BBB. (pool installed this past Wednesday)
1. I've had the pool filled for about 3 days now (pump running 24/7 on low speed) and I'm a little concerned that there has been absolutely no pressure increase showing on the filter gauge. We don't have any trees and we haven't swum very much, so maybe I'm overly concerned? There has been VERY little debris in both baskets. I just assumed that the pressure should be building at least a little after 3 days. Surely there's nothing wrong with my gauge, right?

2. Is there anything wrong with pointing my return jet more upwards to break the surface of the water and keep it there 24/7? I've been getting perfect ph numbers that way, but is it a problem for circulation around the pool?

Thanks!

A 22" sand filter is reasonably large for a 10,600 gallon pool. A large filter is a good thing because it means you won't need to backwash the filter nearly as often. That is probably why the filter pressure hasn't increased, you are probably going to be able to go a number of weeks between backwashes.

If you don't have a main drain, it is generally a good idea to point the return down and to the side. That promotes mixing of the deeper water with the surface water. That might not make a big difference in your particular pool but it could.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.