Intex sf15110 replacement help

Cyndie

May 11, 2012
My Intex sf15110 pump motor has quit. I don't think I have enough experience to repair it myself so I'm looking to replace it. I haven't been that happy with it anyhow. I don't think it ever adequately turned the water over (the pool is 20x52, holds 8500 gallons). The filter itself seems OK but is it going to support a higher hp motor? By the time I get any hose conversion parts etc. am I going to be better off buying an entire system? It needs to be something pretty reasonably priced too...

Hi, welcome to TFP! Many of our members with intex pools have switched out the standard intex pump/filter combos for above ground pool pumps and filters and are pleased with the results. A 1/2 to 1 hp motor will work with your pool. Do you currently have the intex sand filter? You can look for a 2 speed pump, they are a little more expensive, but you can run it on low speed and raise it to high to vacuum. They work very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.