New 12K g IG pool as of July, Hayward 1.5 HP pump, everything running smoothly except

Aug 30, 2014
Redlands
Hello all,

I test my pool daily using the cheap test kit that is pretty standard. I test PH and chlorine and keep it at normal levels. This is a plaster pool. I have been using liquid muriatic acid and liquid swimming pool chlorine. Probably brush the pool too often lol. Anyways, I notice small, less than dime size patches of I assume algae on the shady parts of the pool. It's not a lot, probably 10-15 of them for the whole pool. Pool is literally crystal clear, shimmering, etc, nice looking pool.

I assume the course I need to take at this point is SLAMMING the pool. Also I intend to switch to regular bleach from Target or wherever based on this forum.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. :wave: We can't suggest SLAMming when we have no idea what your test results are.

It is literally impossible to give advice without precise results from a good quality test kit.

I would also suggest you start reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. It'll give you the beginnings of what you need to know and why you need to know it.:D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.