low suction at vacuum

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi
My pool is an overflow type and the vacuum port is about 4 inch below the water line. Recently I noticed a loss of suction, I have checked all the seals and they seam OK. The pressure was at 1 bar, I did a backwash and now it is at .5 bar. The suction is still low. Originally I would have difficulty removing the hose when the motor was running, now no problem.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance

You may have some blockage in the line. Do you normally pick up large debris in your vacuum? If so do you use an inline leaf catcher? Backwash and rinse the filter well. If that doesn't help check for blockage. To check for blockage, open the strainer pot on the pump (pump should be turned off first) take out the strainer basket and run a hose down the pot into the suction line from the pool and turn the hose on. If something is caught in the line it should wash it out into the pool. If you are using a booster pump (no strainer pot ) you would need to disconnect the pump inlet to access the suction line. Also check the impeller for debris on either type of pump.

Thanks Zea3
You will not believe this but I turned on the vacuum and went to put a electricians feed wire down the vacuum port and nearly got my finger ripped off. The suction was back. I have no idea why. :!: :!:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.