Filling Intex Pool

Lomag

Aug 25, 2014
New Jersey
Hi All,

I'm planning my pavers setup for an Intex metal frame pool, actually they are labeled "Concrete Step Stones" 16 x 8 x 2 thick, are these dimensions okay for a 24' round?

My main question is in regards to setting up these stones and filling the pool. I thought I would install the pool first and then bury the pavers level with the ground under each leg instead of guessing where they might go before installation. I read that when you fill the pool, the legs move out a few inches? My confusion sets in because I read in another thread that the legs move in? Which is it? I want to place these pavers correctly!

Thanks!!

Here is another way you can set the paver's position:

Assemble the top frame without the liner or upright poles. This should be close enough to round to set your pavers, and it's a good way to make sure your pool area is within 1" of level, with no more than 1/2" difference between any two adjacent poles.

As you are filling, you will need to adjust your poles as you get the last of the wrinkles out of the bottom of the pool. Some may want to go in, some may go out.

Charlie, that is a very clever way to do it! Thank you!! And I think to be safe, I should position the paver so the leg will be on the inside edge end of the paver (closest to the liner when in place) which will leave several inches of room should the leg want to move out and away so it'll still be on the paver, more towards the center.

I decided to use smaller pavers, the 16x8 seem just too large. I found 10 x 7 x 2 1/4" pavers in home depot called "Valestone Hardscapes Marseilles". They are 1/4" thicker and vehicular traffic rated unlike the other basic concrete ones (they were almost like thin cinder blocks) so I think these will be stronger.

I'm excited to use this pool next spring but not so excited about all the physical work to get it setup but it'll be worth it I"m sure. In the meantime, I think I'm all planned out and ready to go! Maybe i'll get a head start trenching the electrical this fall, we'll see..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.