$1750 to install IntellipH?

May 28, 2014
North Dallas
Hi, just want to see if you think this is a resonable quote. We are in the middle of the build and I ask the pool builder to price out adding the IntellipH to the equipment. They installed all the equipments already, but we are still in the process of finishing up with decking, and plastering. So, is $1750 high for installing and IntellipH unit? I googled this item and the highest I found online is $600 for the unit. So, it means the labor of installing this unit is more than $1000? Seems high to me but I like to see what you guys think. Maybe I am wrong on that.

Thanks,

Actually you can get it for $500 at some sites right now. I think Pentair must be discounting them now.

Is the quote unreasonable-- probably not.

Is it higher than you want to pay yea. Tell him you think its high.

Can you install it yourself? If you can then just buy it and do that. Or tell your PB and he may come down in price.

Can you buy the part and have a pool guy install it after the bid? How much will that cost?

I told my PB the price quoted seemed a bit high, and he is like "none negotiable... You want it then pay up" kind of attitude. I am not handy nor my husband is handy with things like this. The whole build of our pool right now is been like this because we do not know how to do things and we have been paying through the roof. I was expecting more along the line of $1000 or so for the whole thing.

Price aside, this unit seems to great to have to reduce the overall maintenance of the pool daily.

Do you think if I call the plumbing and electric sub contractors that they may dk it for me? Just by pass the PB? Have anyone done that?

I'm not going to beat up your PB because he will probably start up your pool and who knows maybe it really costs him that much more though I doubt it.

If you install it you need a pool service provider not a plumber or ordinary electrician. You don't say where you are but you need someone who has done it before.

Yes in one sense its a simple DYI but you want it integrated with your new pool equipment and experience helps that

I just bought one yesterday from sunplay.com for $450 no tax no shipping charges and got an extra $10 off with code sunplay400 or something like that. so $440 total. delivered to your doorstep.
it is a very simple install. just drill a hole in the pipe.
hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.