New Booster or New Primary Pump

nbondy

Aug 29, 2014
Concord, CA
I'm new to the forums, and new pool owner of an old pool with issues. Had the pool replastered last month and ran the pump 24/7 all month to remove the plaster dust, and because the pool gets a lot of debris from nearby trees and the main drain is capped. This turned out to be a costly decision. Bought "The Pool Cleaner" and the booster pump died the day it arrived. The question is, do I buy a new booster pump to run the cleaner, or replace the primary pump with a higher HP VS pump and take the booster out of the equation? The primary pump is an Emerson 1HP/1.65SF. It runs The Pool Cleaner by itself at about 7 RPM's as opposed to the recommended 11 RPM. There's a dedicated line for the vacuum. Thanks for the input.

Welcome to TFP!

I'd recommend a new booster pump. With a lot of debris, you can have the cleaner running and the skimmer working at the same time that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.