My apologies to the members of this site and forums...

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
I would like to offer my apologies to the members. I came on strong in the forums and expressed some opinions which obviously didn't sit well with several senior members. I would say that in retrospect, I took some things personally and didn't spent enough time understand the people and personalities before lashing out. I also crossed some board etiquette which while unintentional, is something I should not have done and should have been more aware of.

I'm sure I've alienated a few members forever and I will just have to live with that. Several have however still been very helpful and I appreciate that and their tolerance.

I confess to not being very much closer to understanding the source of the problems I'm seeing in light of the fact that my chemistry tests 'pretty close' and has for a few months. I don't know what's causing my problems in the pool.

Here however, I've caused my own problems and I offer sincere apologies to the site owner, members, and the overall forum.

I placed this post here, in this area, not to hide it, but because I really wasn't sure where it should go.

My advice would be to read pool school, and related articles, and as many forum threads you have time for. You can see what others have tried and succeeded or failed with. There is a wealth of knowledge here to be utilized. Take a deep breath, read til you can read no more, than apply you new found knowledge and enjoy your pool the way it should be enjoyed!

It takes a big person to stand up in front of thousands of people and apologize and admit they were wrong. Excellent first step in the right direction.
Learn all you can learn and help all you can help, things will always work out for the best in the end.

I doubt I can do much helping for quite some time. I'm still working on reading, absorbing, and learning, and diagnosing my own problems. Likely best for me to loiter more and talk less.

I doubt I can do much helping for quite some time. I'm still working on reading, absorbing, and learning, and diagnosing my own problems. Likely best for me to loiter more and talk less.

Don't worry about that. or offending anyone long term. Some members, experts, and even MODS come on way too strong at first as much as new members. We are all human and capable of screwing up. I don't really think your posts were that bad to be honest, but nice of you to address the forum with an apology. No harm done, and I hope you continue to learn and grow your pool knowledge. Don't hesitate to talk or ask questions, we are all still learning something new every day we come on the forum. :goodjob:

"Some members, experts, and even MODS come on way too strong at first as much as new members."

Heck.........we even let Brushpup still hang around!:cool:..........(although he's under heavy sedation and close moderation)

I've got to say, it takes a big person to admit fault and apologize publicly. I have no clue what you did...but if anyone doesn't forgive you, it's their loss. Unless you kicked their dog. That's unforgivable. Since I doubt you were sneaking around kicking dogs I suspect it will be water under the bridge. ;)

Everyone makes mistakes(except me, I'm perfect)....those that learn from them are the winners in life.

Everyone shows up here with different attitudes (not meaning that as a negative idea) based on their past experiences. We are all individuals and bring our past to the table with us. The problem with this, as well as all web boards is that everything is reduced to the written word - thus loosing the non-verbal communications that we as humans rely on. I have to admit that on many occasions I have had to sit back and scratch my head wondering where someone was coming from or what was meant by a comment.

Not everyone can make that "leap of faith" needed to cut the ties to the "experts" at the pool store and follow a bunch of folks on the web.

I think that in very little time just as you say "reading, absorbing, and learning, and diagnosing my own problems" you will start to read other peoples comments and think to yourself, hey they need to test their CYA or they need lower that pH. It is at that point you will start helping others. I answer lots of questions, but heck I'm still new here. I just try to avoid answering when I'm in an area I'm not comfortable with. Seldom do I comment on SWGs because I don't have one and don't feel I know enough about them.

Stick around and swim, the water is fine!

It is easy to get frustrated when you just want things to work out and multiple people are giving advice and asking questions...sight unseen. I do not know what you said or did but, based on your apology, you will do just fine here! Take a deep breath and know, this too shall pass! Have a wonderful holiday weekend:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've got to say, it takes a big person to admit fault and apologize publicly. I have no clue what you did...but if anyone doesn't forgive you, it's their loss. Unless you kicked their dog. That's unforgivable. Since I doubt you were sneaking around kicking dogs I suspect it will be water under the bridge. ;)

Everyone makes mistakes(except me, I'm perfect)....those that learn from them are the winners in life.

I would never kick a dog...have three cardigan corgis and a 21 yo cockatiel. Dogs are unconditional love. Something everyone needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all for the messages and the support. I appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.