Polaris Pump Problem

Oct 14, 2013
Came home for work today with my Polaris Pump making a grinding type noise and the Polaris not working. Below is a Youtube video with the sound it is making. Anyone know what the problem might be? The pump motor is not that old. Maybe a little over a year. I successfully replaced my main pump motor recently, so I may be able to tackle this repair if I can just determine what the affliction is. I'd appreciate any advice as to what the problem might be.
http://youtu.be/fjfnShpo5v8

This may or may not be the case, but last year my booster pump was making that noise (loud!) and I tracked it down to the outlet in the pool having a crack in it, and not holding the hose in tightly. I bought a new one, screwed the old one out of the pool wall, screwed the new one in, reattached the polaris, and no more noise. I can't tell you WHY that caused my noise, but that fixed it. Check the pool connection just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.