firework debris

Aug 28, 2014
erie pa
A neighbor set off a lot of fireworks July 4..a windy night..we ended up with a ton of debris in our pool! Within days our clear pool was green.we super shocked it. Took samples to the pool store several times..added ph . All levels are in the good range but the pool is as green as green can get. Tried metal remover..2 bottles. Was told not to vacuum until i can see the bottom..well its been 9 weeks! Did backwash after metals remover was added. scrubbed everything then added 3 bags shock and 3 more bags next day.still green.12500gallon pool.

Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about your struggles.

Our method of pool care is radically different from the pool store - namely, it does not consist of throwing some chemicals in the waiting in the hope that some magic happens.

We can help you, but you will have to do some work as well. Start reading pool school, and start with the link in my signature. Once we lay the foundation of some basic pool chemistry, we can help you get it turned around.

Hello Sheri1968, Welcome to TFP,

I take it at this moment your not so happy with your neighbor, and granted i would not be either. Lets see what we can do to fix your pool so you can start enjoying it.

If you would be so kind as to update your signature to show what type of equipment you have that would help us out tremendously. It tells us at a glance what equipment we are dealing with without having to look it up each time. It also makes it so you wont have to enter it again if you ever have any other problems. How to do that is found HERE.

Here at TFP, we would like for you to learn how to take care of your pool, how your water chemistry interacts with each chemical, and what steps to take when things start to go wrong. Feel free to ask questions on anything that you do not understand.

Getting some accurate test results is the cornerstone of what we do in order to start learning about your pool. A proper test kit is a must have. You can order a kit from HERE. In all reality, The TF-100 with the XL option is the most economical. It may cost a little more than the bargain basement cheap ones, you should have enough regents for next year also.
If you would rather shop elsewhere to obtain the test kit, feel free to Google "FAS/DPD Test Kit" and order one from wherever you can. Your local pool store may not have this test kit.

If you have pool tests please post them (if the tests come from the pool store or testing strips, please understand that they more than likely will not be accurate as your own personal testing would be so the advice given might be off somewhat). We encourage you to get a FAS/DPD test kit.

Some recommended reading while we wait for test results/ test kit can be found HERE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.