TF-1000 question

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
So...NOT trying to **** anyone off here, but is the TF-1000 an official Taylor Test kit? I was looking for some comparison shopping (like most anyone would) and this is the only place that seems to have this kit. Is there some deal where Taylor makes it for this site, or is it not an 'official' Taylor test kit and is an assembly of parts and Taylor reagents?

The TF-100 is a kit made for this site. It is the best bang for the buck to follow the method of TFP. It uses the same Taylor regents as the K-2006 kit just bigger bottles. The only difference is the TF-100 will give you more of the most common test than the k-2006. The K-2006 also has a base and demand test for pH. TFP uses poolmath so you really do not need to figure out that if you added 4 drops of the base test to get your pH where you need it.

So...NOT trying to **** anyone off here, but is the TF-1000 an official Taylor Test kit? I was looking for some comparison shopping (like most anyone would) and this is the only place that seems to have this kit. Is there some deal where Taylor makes it for this site, or is it not an 'official' Taylor test kit and is an assembly of parts and Taylor reagents?
It is not "official" in that it does not come in the blue Taylor box, but it does come with Taylor chemicals and reagents. The only place to get a TF100 is tfttestkits.net as they package the chemicals/reagents in quantities that have been found to be more economical - in that you get more of what you use more and less (or none) of what you may not need.

If for some reason that makes you uncomfortable the Taylor K-2006 is highly recommended here also. No one will get mad if you buy that one instead. To quote Dave, Site Owner of TFP: You may or may not choose to use these methods and guidelines or you may use some and not others. Our goal is to teach you what has been proven time and time again and then let you use that information to your benefit.

The TF-100 is a kit made for this site. It is the best bang for the buck to follow the method of TFP. It uses the same Taylor regents as the K-2006 kit just bigger bottles. The only difference is the TF-100 will give you more of the most common test than the k-2006. The K-2006 also has a base and demand test for pH. TFP uses poolmath so you really do not need to figure out that if you added 4 drops of the base test to get your pH where you need it.
:goodpost:

The TF 100 has the exact same reagents as a Taylor kit in more volume. There are no shortcuts, substitutes, or the like. It is simply repackaged in a MUCH more economical form, and it is done with Taylor's approval. If you are buying a Taylor kit, this is hands down the best value for the dollar.

in light of my previous missteps in communicating on this forum, my question on this topic may come across as different than I intended it to. I've already had to buy several replacement reagent bottles from the local pool store at 8-10 dollars per bottle, and saving money on the continued testing needs (which obviously saves money in the long run for having a TFP) was what I was looking at. I was just searching for information on the components it had since the picture didn't look like a Taylor kit. I apologize if my question was off-putting to the members who obviously believe in this kit. And I do notice that it contains the more exact Chlorine test which would be nice to pinpoint my levels as something other than 2-4. Lots of good information was provided and I appreciate that.

I was put off by the price at first also. I ended up getting the K-2006 from Amazon for half the cost of the TF-100 plus free shipping. That was several years ago and I quickly learned that no one local had the chlorine test refills. So looking back on it, that's why it is said to be the most bang for the buck. You said that you get some regents local. Watch out especially for the phenol red. All the other regents are the same. The pH test depends on what block you use. It would be r-0004 or r-0014. They are both phenol red.

You can just get refills at tftestkits rather than getting a new kit. I technically have a k-2006 but those reagents are years gone. Dave typically runs a sale in the spring for a tf-100 refill which is a great deal since you don't need new test hardware.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.