Intellichlor IC40 & 3 HP Intelliflo VSP

Aug 16, 2014
Corona, California
Hello all and thank you for anyone who responds. I am replacing all of my pool equipment and was wondering if there is a way to connect the IC40 power center directly to the Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump. I noticed that on the side pane for the Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump there are two alternate connection (one above L1 and one below L2) Are those relayed power for when the pump activates? If so has anyone had luck connecting their Pentair Power Center for the Intellichlor?

Appreciate any and all responses. I am trying to avoid using the intermatic timer and simply using a single source 20/20 230V w/GFCI breaker to power both the Pump and Power Center. I will add a separate connection for the Pentair heater to another breaker.

Thanks,

Gio

Re: Intellichlor IC40 & 3 HP Intelliflo VSP

I have the same question for perezsg. I now have a Intelliflo VS not on a timer since it has a built in. I have no automation equipement. Is there a way to wire the IC40 with the power center only to come on only when the VS comes on?

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same question for perezsg. I now have a Intelliflo VS not on a timer since it has a built in. I have no automation equipement. Is there a way to wire the IC40 with the power center only to come on only when the VS comes on?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the duplication...trouble with the site responding.

I don't know if those can output power or if they are switched to only be on if the pump is on. That is interesting, I need to read the manual some more.

My VS pump is wired direct and my IC40 is wired to a mechanical timer. I make sure my IC40 only runs in my pump run time window. It allows me better control over my chlorine output.

I am considering doing this myself (IC40 and VS) and I'd say that you'd have to either wire the IC40 on the mechanical timer, connect it to automation equipment, or just leave it on all the time and have the internal flow switch turn it on/off.

I looked through the manuals of the Intelliflow and the IC40 and didn't see anything for wiring to each other.

The Intelliflo cannot control anything but itself. With that said, just wire it into your mechanical timer like others have said. No worries of exploding cell and less wear and tear on salt system. The LEDs are prone to going out on those cells. May as well let them rest as much as possible

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.